Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Being Content

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am , therewith to be content."
                                                                                                                                  Phil. 4:11 (KJV)

     Hello again, readers! I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted here on my blog, until I got on to reread my posts today. Goodness sakes! Well, I will try to not slack in my writing anymore. After all, God gave me the talent to write so I should be using it. I'm not making this one of my new year's resolutions because I have decided not to make those anymore. I never do them consistently or seriously. LOL  So, starting this year, I decided instead to make commitments to GOD. So far, I"m doing pretty good at the ones I've made. Being content is one of them. I have such a bad habit of complaining. This year I am trying, with GOD'S help, to stop complaining and instead, to praise GOD and be thankful and content with what I have or don't have. As my blog title implies... I am too blessed to be stressed! That is so true! God has blessed me so much! I have other commitments and will try to touch on those in future posts. If you as a reader, has any ideas of subjects, please let me know. I am so thankful for my blessings! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May God bless!!!!!
Love,
Vickie Berryhill

2 comments:

  1. Vickie, I was looking up Strickland's Landing today and I ran across your blog. I started crying when I saw the pictures you posted. I too am from Jacksonville. Growing up my family spent time every summer there. I learned to ski there as well. I hoped to one day spend summers there with my children but was crushed when the campground closed in 2002. I do however have great memories to share with them and fortunately my father loved to take lots of photos and videos, so I get to share a piece of that great spot with them through those. I just wanted to send a hello because for some crazy reason, I feel a kindred with others that spent summers at Mr. Strickland's magical place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I'm gonna make this short because when I replied the other night, it wouldn't send.Hopefully, it won't mess up again. I really enjoyed your note. I love Kingsley Lake so much.It's been over 30 yrs.since I've been back.I miss it so much!I plan to go back as soon as I can. TTYL
      Vickie

      Delete