Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Comfort Eating

Wow! What a subject! Right? I decided to write on this for a minute cause I am so guilty of this. Yeah, when stress hits, I hit the food! HA!  I don't know why I'm like this, but I am. Some people won't eat when they are stressed or down in the dumps. Well, I will go searching for food, especially junk food, whether I'm hungry or not. I really want to change this pattern in my life. It's not pleasing to the LORD.
   Our bodies belong to God and we are supposed to take care of ourselves. "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of GOD, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify GOD in your body, and in your spirit, which are GOD's." 1Cor.6:19-20 But we're also supposed to trust in GOD alone. Turning to food during stress, IS NOT  trusting GOD alone.  I read a wonderful devotional, by Lorraine Ezell recently, regarding this subject. This prompted me to write about this. I have been trying to change my eating habits for awhile now. I plan to pray the next time and each time afterwards that I feel stressed and want to grab food. GOD will always comfort me. Food won't! How about you? Do you use food for comfort? Well, don't wait til Jan. 1st to change your eating habits. Start today, start NOW! Trust GOD, not food!

No comments:

Post a Comment